Wednesday 5 June 2013

Breakfast: Berry Style

During the work week, breakfast is usually the last thing on my mind.  From the second my alarm goes off (or after I hit snooze a few times) to the second I walk out the door, I'm going nonstop.   B is amazing and makes my lunch for me - he knows that if I was left to my own devices, I would just eat biscuits from the biscuit tin at work all day...or starve.

Owing to my new and improved "I'm going to eat healthy and exercise!" attitude, I decided it would be a good idea to bring breakfast back into my life.  I saw this little recipe for Refrigerator Oatmeal pinging around Pinterest and thought I would give it a go.  Why not?

And BAM.  Just like that I was blown away.

Quick and easy.  PLUS -  a great opportunity for me to utilise mason jars.  Boy howdy.  I've adapted the recipe slightly because I found the measurements too milky.

1. My *beloved* mason jars, 2. Steel Cut Oats (Course Oats in the UK), 3.  Chobani (another Obsession), 4.  Milk, 5.  Berries, 6. Honey

I poured about 1/3 cup of Steel Cut Oats (uncooked- just dry and grainy!) into the Mason Jar.  I then added about a tablespoon and a half (Baking is chemistry but Cooking is always an experiment) of Chobani.  I add enough milk to cover the oats and then SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!  I've been adding berries and honey, but I'm fairly certain anything would taste nice.  

Quick and easy?  You bet.  I was full until lunch and really pleased with the amount of washing up.

Any other ideas for a quick and easy breakfast?  I'm always looking for easy during the working week!



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment