Wednesday 19 February 2014

A very English half term...

It's been a rather English February Half Term.  B is working ALL WEEK on his surgical rota, so I'm on my own for most of the week.  We did get to spend an evening together at the weekend and attended a 1940s Sweetheart Dance in aid of the King's Lynn Players upcoming production of Blackadder Goes Forth.  

We were greeted at the door by military men, learnt some rock jive dances and enjoyed the company of loads the Players.  We also had the very English snack platter which included cheese and pickle sandwich triangles, sausage rolls and French fancies. Yummy. 




B and I enjoyed a dance to the live music- he cleans up pretty well, doesn't he?  

On Monday, I joined my friends in town for a jolly jaunt around the Mart - a travelling carnival that comes to King's Lynn every February half term (which usually means it's rained out).  There are rides, games and sweet stalls.  It's mental - seriously.  


Being from Ohio and having Cedar Point at my fingertips, I don't really have the same respect for the Mart that the locals may have.  Big, scary rides don't really compare to Millennium Force, but hey - it's better than nothing, right?  I was in it for the Nougat and Candy Floss.  I have polished them off today whilst writing this post!



I've spent the rest of my glorious week off marking assessments on the sofa whilst watching Olympic action. I've become quite a fan of curling -particularly Team GB with their amazing last second win the other night (Ladies didn't have the victory today!  Shame!).

I'm trying to ignore the fact that we are moving in two weeks time - I should probably start packing.....but then again I've got two teams to cheer for in Sochi and it'd be really rude to neglect them....
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment