Saturday 7 September 2013

Currently...

This past week has been a blur.  Back to school INSET days followed by our first two days with students. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.  

Rather than complain about the workload, the changes and the pure shock to the system; I thought I would focus on the other lovely bits of life.

Prior to the start of term, we had a Sexy Mexi night with H and T to say "So long, Summer!"  The hilarity extends far beyond these photos...



{Currently}

Listening:
We are still loving the country tunes!  I've been playing Absolute Country from TuneIn.  It can be streamed online which means I can listen to country in my car!

Eating:
In an effort to get my protein up and help curb my hunger between the end of the school day and before B gets home for dinner, I've been munching away on these Vanilla Coconut protein bars.  They are light and actually taste like a treat.  Once I can get back into a gym routine, it will taste even better as I'll be burning those calories! L-O-V-E.

Drinking:
SMOOTHIES!  I'm loving it first thing in the morning.  Light and filling - what more could you ask for?  My favourite has been a Peachy Green:
1 c spinach
1.5 c frozen peaches

1 apple
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk


Blend for YUM.


Wearing:
Do you even need to ask?  Hunter Wellie Flats.  No joke.  I'm proper living in them.  I have my eye on a pair of Toms wedges at the moment - I'm trying to justify them to myself.  Shoes always make you feel better.


Feeling:
Tired.  The perfectionist in my wants everything to be just right.  Let's face it.  Life is never just right.



Weather:
Following Thursday's very sweaty and uncomfortable day, Friday started to cloud over and cool down.  Autumn is upon us!  This is without a doubt the best time of year.  Boots and scarves and wooly scarves are coming out!

Wanting:
Pumpkin spice EVERYTHING.  I have a few tins of Pumpkin which were gifted to us as a Wedding present.  A brilliant gift as I'm forever willing the country to start importing pumpkin.  I have yet to see it on the shelves in Tesco!

Needing:
Work clothes!  If my Pinterest wardrobe existed in real life....I'll tell you.  I've been waiting for a new work wardrobe for years - I think the time is now!  Hopefully I can find a spare weekend to grab Heidi and hit the shops!  SHOES FIRST!

Thinking:
Christmas!  I can't believe it but there are already Christmas chocolates and biscuits in the shops!  I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed as it's only mid September - but seriously!  I'm thinking about Christmas and gifts and how to decorate our house!  The garland is looking amazing - so maybe something along the paper tassel route?



Enjoying:
Sky TV.  We finally splurged and upgraded to Sky Plus.  We get the recording and loads of channels.  I'm not a TV watcher, but I always hear about shows and then forget to watch.  I've recorded a few guilty pleasures like Made and Chelsea so I can watch them on rainy days when I need a bit of chewing gum for the eyes.

I think I'm going to go an play with the new Sky - see what mischief I can get up to!

Happy weekend!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment