Thursday 7 June 2012

Grey Skies....continued

So the weather is "eh" - but I ventured out and came up with my top five "ME Day" treats.

1.  Get your nails done.  (My treat for today)  There's just something about sitting there and getting pretty that makes even a cloudy day seem sunny.


2.  Have a coffee, read a good book.  Nothing says sexy quite like the intellectual girl in the coffee shop.  Don't drink coffee?  Tea is just as nice.  Need a book?  Go for a classic:  To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities.  Or - just read the newspaper.

3.  Prepare for a DIY afternoon.  Find a task, go shopping and get home and create!  I found this little gem.  Photos will be posted as soon as everything is complete!

4.  Window shop for something BIG....like a car.  Or maybe just a new camera. A sofa.  Paint for different rooms of your house.  Do some reading, check out some shops - maybe ask a few experts.  You don't have to buy it - it's just preparing for when you CAN.

5.  Pick a film, any film!  Happy ones, sad ones, ones that you would never admit to loving.  My "Me day" films usually consist of Bridesmaids, Pride and Prejudice or Mary Poppins.  Talk about diverse.  I'm imagining a glass of wine, duvet and bowl of popcorn.  What better way to say "I love ME" that that??

Can't wait to share my DIY!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment