Sunday 20 October 2013

October: Wet, Damp and Dank!

Autumn in England.  Rainy, dark and tiresome. I've been trying to make the most of it, but this has proved challenging!  The days are shorter and the air is crisp. Some rocking colour can be seen - which I'm loving at the moment. 



I treated myself to some Autum Toms. ALWAYS a good idea. 

At the moment this is what my life looks like.


I have to remind myself to actually live a life these days, and I'm trying very hard to do that. So many good things are happening and it's only fail to discuss them rather than the immense workload.

B finished his USMLE revision book so this means he will be ready to sit his exam soon. That is majorly exciting!



My cousin has a beautiful and healthy baby boy: James Michael.  He is gorgeous and I can't wait to meet him! 


Emma and I may spend most of our working days like this:

(Who doesn't love our pink mugs - and yes, I am the Princess of Everything)

But it also helps to remember the good that happens. The Macmillan Coffee morning:


Or little love notes left on my board:


Or our Staff trip to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in London on Thursday!  
BRILLIANT, by the way!

In other exciting news, Bella came over and coloured with a highlighter.


And last night I made Smoked Apple and mozzarella tarts.  Amazingly tasty.  I used the linked recipe as a guide - but I used puff pastry, cooked the apples down with butter and dry thyme, folded it up with two types of cheese and salt and pepper and baked.  AMAZING.



All in all, that's what life looks like this month.  I'm keeping my hopes high as this week marks the survival of our first half term.  One week off - and wow - am I looking forward to what we have in store!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment